Tuesday, February 27, 2007

7-30-05 PARIS IN JULY

so i can say that i spent my birthday in two countries - started in paris and ended in london :-) i went to france friday and saturday, went to the louvre, notre dame, ate crepes and baguettes, and drank cheap wine at midnight in front of the eiffel tower to start my birthday off right! we met tons of people while we were hanging out in the park in front of the eiffel tower (basically anyone that spoke english joined the party), so i got about 20 random people sing happy birthday to me haha we also happened upon the beach volleyball world tour and got to see misty may and kerri walsh (the womens olympic gold medalists) play for a while which was sweet! and paris was gorgeous, its a very picturesque city. i thought my 6 years of french would just come flowing back to me, turns out 2 years not speaking it puts a damper on ur communcation skills, so that was tough and i was glad to get back to good ol' london tonight.

before leaving for paris i went to another play - guys and dolls. it def has made it to the top of my favorite musicals, i looved it. and ewan mcgregor was the lead! he was perfect for the role and his voice is {sigh} haha so that made the show even better.

well all my traveling has caught up with me and im sick with a sinus infection (wohoo) so im off to bed....i cant wait to see everyone next week!

No comments: